In response to the many requests by our friends and colleagues, I have now put together a short article explaining in simple language the law on defamation of character.
Basically, the purpose of the law surrounding defamation of character is to protect an individual’s reputation. As is the case with most areas of law, there is a delicate balance, which must be achieved between a person’s reputation on the one hand and another’s right to speak their mind.
For a defamation claim to succeed in England, three elements first need to be made out:
Read full article on Internet Lawyer’s website.
- Defamation against a company – Can a company sue the defamer for damages? (defamationagainstacompany.co.uk)
- Online defamation Crisis Management (defamationagainstacompany.co.uk)
- Defamation against a company (defamationagainstacompany.co.uk)
- Defamation against a company continued(defamationagainstacompany.co.uk)
- Dr. Raymond Mobrez Files Declaration Alleging Gripe Site Suit was filed for “harassment purposes to send a message to their victims and their potential Attorneys” (prweb.com)